Thursday 18 March 2010

Critical Investigation Feedback

'An investigation into how and why the tabloid press generates moral panics about male teenage delinquency'

1st Draft Grade: D

Targets + Next Steps

My targets/ next steps are going to be, firstly, to include more footnotes (book references specifically) to show I have researched into the chosen area of study, also, I am going to look deeper into background knowledge about the tabloid press linking it closely to censorship and ownership whilst giving circulation figures e.g. decline in purchase of newspapers due to new media and how this puts pressure on them to improve. Furthermore, I am also aspiring to include more references to theories and key concepts, paying close attention to ideologies and representation. On each page and making my work clearer and more concise to understand.

How to improve

To ensure this happening, I will improve my work by looking deeper into the ideology of how moral panics promote dominant ideologies that are still too superficial, further reading into moral panics and explain in more detail. I am also, going to carefully check through my work to shorten long sentences, improve my punctuation and explain my points clearly and in a well constructed way. Additionally, I will add further information of SHEP, key concepts, theories and wider contexts this will improve my essay and help boost my grade. The final thing I look to improve is the changing of footnotes and writing them at the bottom of the page in the right way and including a extra 15 quotations.

Progress Report

Monday - We filmed Gurvinder's shots, which included shots of Gurvinder walking into school, walking around southall and talking to the camera.

Wednesday - We filmed Michael's interview in the libary and took many shots of the interview, close ups, high angle, low angle etc. We also took shots of Michael around the school environment.

Thursday - We filmed Amit's interview in an alley way on allenby road, again we took various shots of Amit and Gurvinder and took shots of Amit's environment e.g. the slums.

Action Plan

Friday - We are going to film Ardit at 6 o clock outside the Allenby shops, we will show him in a fight with 'enemies' and show a conflict between the two.

Saturday/Sunday - Complete all the shots, we will take shots of Gurvinder talking to the camera, walking around and shots of various different places and then start out editing fresh for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment